Sunday, June 30, 2013

Return from the break. Post 81 defeats West Springfield.

I took a few days off.  Maybe more.  There have been a few games here where Luke has scuffled and that made me less than inspired to write about the games.  I guess there are bound to come years like this.  Luke is having trouble hitting the ball.  I think that affects the rest of his game.  He has been called in to pitch a few times and done reasonably well.  Nothing to write home about, but here I am writing a blog about it.  One of the games, the last game I think was agains East Springfield.  Our starting pitcher hit the first batter, then the next batter reached on an error, in the midst of pitching to the next batter he blew out something in his shoulder.  Real tough.  Nice kid too.  So the coach points to Luke on the bench and calls him in to pitch.  Two on, nobody out and a 3 - 1 count on the third hitter.  Luke throw a ball, one pitch to load the bases.  Then the wheels come off.  Ouch, can this team hit.  I think Luke ended up giving up about four runs over two innings.  The team goes on to beat us about 13 - 4.  They pounded each of our pitchers.

I forget the other game we had that I did not write about.

We won today, kind of a squeaker, 4 - 3.  Luke sat on the bench.  The team we played was pretty weak it seemed.  The top of our order, hitters two through four did most of our damage.  I think we have a number of hitter who are struggling.  Post 81 has games again tomorrow and the next day.  Luke hopes to get in to those games.  His spirits are okay, subdues but positive.

I will write what news I can after those games.

Thanks for cheering from afar.

No comments: